Vacancies for 2 x Councillors in Feock ward
Would you like to make a difference?
Feock Parish Council has two vacancies in the Feock ward for Parish Councillors, to be filled by co-option, if you are interested in joining a team looking after the Parish, please contact Debra, the Parish Clerk – see details below for more information and to request a copy of the co-option process (also available on our website under Policies)
There is so much to get involved in from reviewing planning applications, helping with making improvements to footpaths and recreation areas, highways issues and our wellbeing work to name but a few!
You will also be required to attend the Parish Council meetings which generally take place on the first or second Monday evening of the month in Devoran, you can also join other Committees such as Planning and Access & Amenities if you wish.
The criteria for becoming a Councillor is:
- be a UK or Commonwealth citizen; or be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union; and be at least 18 years old.
- To be eligible to stand for an election for a particular parish, you must:
- be an elector of the parish; or
- in the past 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish; or
- work in the parish (as your principal or only place of work); or live within three miles of the parish boundary.
Please note, being a Parish Councillor is a voluntary position and we would recommend people who are interested attend a Parish Council meeting before applying to gain an understanding of the issues you will be involved with.
If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor, please send an email or letter of application explaining why you would like to join the Parish Council, what you can bring to the Council and any previous relevant experience to the Parish Clerk.
Contact details for the Parish Clerk: Debra Roberts, Parish Clerk Feock Parish Council, The Old Market Hall, Market Street, Devoran, TR3 6QA
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01872 863333